Vege stuffed peppers using @thebodycoach recipe for inspiration. We loved these! 😍
Serves 2 plus enough for lunch the next day 🤣🙌
3 peppers cut in half and deseeded
1 red onion, chopped
3 spring onions, chopped (save some for serving)
1/2 aubergine, cubed
1/2 courgette, cubed
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp smoked paprika
8 button mushrooms, quartered
1/2 220g bag Uncle Ben’s Quinoa Tomato and Basil rice
185g tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
Half a 400g can chopped tomatoes
Grated cheddar cheese
1 avocado sliced
Chopped fresh coriander
1) Put the pepper halves in an ovenproof dish, drizzle lightly with olive oil and cook at 200oC for 10 minutes.
2) In a frying pan, heat 2tbsp olive oil and gently fry all the vegetables except the spinach and mushrooms.
3) Season with salt, pepper and both spices.
4) Add the button mushrooms and rice and continue to fry.
5) Pour in the beans and tomatoes and heat through.
6) Add the spinach and stir through the rice until wilted.
7) Fill the peppers with the rice mixture, top with grated cheese and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
8) Serve sprinkled with coriander and spring onions, sliced avocados and any left over rice mixture.