If you’ve seen my meal plan for this week you’ll know this was supposed to be haddock and chorizo bake but unfortunately we couldn’t find any of the haddock fillets in the freezer section at @Lidl so we chose basa instead but any white fish would work. I really like having the cook from frozen fillets in as they’re such a life saver when I’ve forgotten to take anything out of the freezer! 🙈🤣 I made this for three of us so up the amount of fish if you’re cooking for more and add an extra tin of tomatoes.
Basa and Chorizo Bake
350g new potatoes, halved
1 red onion, chopped
1 red/orange pepper, chopped
100g chorizo, skin removed and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
400g chopped tomatoes
380g @lidl frozen basa fillets
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC.
2. Parboil the potatoes for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, fry the chorizo in the oil to release it’s flavour.
4. Add the onion and pepper and fry gently until soft.
5. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
6. Drain the potatoes and add to the pan, stir to coat in the oil. Cook for another 3 minutes until beginning to brown.
7. Sprinkle in the thyme leaves and season.
8. Pour in the tomatoes and stir.
9. Put the fish fillets on top and cook in the oven according to their instructions.