My favourite pasta recipe is Cacio e Pepe. It’s so simple to make but the flavours are out of this world- lemony, peppery, cheesy, smokey… soooo good! I’ve saved this recipe to my highlights 🙌
400g dried spaghetti
250g diced pancetta
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 pinch of chilli flakes
Juice of 2 lemons
70g rocket (arugula)
30g grated Parmesan
1. Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 11 minutes.
2. Fry the pancetta in the olive oil for 6-7 minutes until it starts to brown.
3. Add the garlic, chilli and pepper and fry for a further minute.
4. Turn the heat down and add the lemon juice.
5. Drain the spaghetti (reserving some of the water) and toss into the fried pancetta mixture.
6. Add the grated cheese and a little of the pasta water and stir.
7. Finally add the rocket and toss into the spaghetti until wilted.