Our waffle machine has been a brilliant purchase. The kids (and adults!) love them and they’re so quick and easy to make. I love the fact we can make four at a time so there’s no hanging around waiting like you do with pancakes and everyone gets to eat together.
Left over batter can be covered in the fridge and used the next day.
Makes 11 waffles
280g plain flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
85g melted butter
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl.
3. Slowly whisk in the melted butter.
4. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk gently until combined. Don’t worry if it’s lumpy.
5. Pour the batter on to the waffle iron.
6. We cook our waffles for 8-9 minutes but check occasionally to get yours to the required doneness.