When I was a child, one of my favourite meals was my Mum’s Pasta Concoction. I always thought it sounded really intriguing and it was different every time! Basically she was using up what was left in her fridge and making a pasta sauce with it. The pasta was always tossed in the sauce and it was always delicious every time.
So in honour of my Mum, here is a Pasta Concoction that I made last night for tea. And I’m pleased to say my children enjoyed it just as much as I did all those years ago!
50g curly kale, roughly chopped in processor
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
One onion, chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsps red pesto
150g creme fraiche
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook the spaghetti for 12 minutes.
2. While the pasta is cooking, fry the onions in the oil until soft.
3. Add the prosciutto and fry until crispy.
4. Lower the heat and add the kale and stir until wilted.
5. Next add the tomatoes and stir.
6. Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the pasta water.
7. Pour the spaghetti into the pan with the prosciutto etc and stir the pesto and creme fraiche through. Add a little of the pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
8. Serve with grated parmesan.