I’ve adapted @tescofood Sausage Cassoulet recipe by using @morrisons time saving frozen soffritto mix. It’s chopped carrots, onion and celery ready to cook straight from frozen. My recipe is below and @tescofood recipe is linked in my bio.
1 tbsp olive oil
12 pork sausages, I used @alfturner
80g diced pancetta
200ml white wine
200g @morrisions frozen soffritto mix
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp oregano, chopped
1 tsp thyme leaves
1 tbsp tomato purée
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
@merchantgourmet tomatoey french lentil
400g mixed beans in water, drained
400g chopped tomatoes
150ml chicken/vegetable stock
1. Fry the sausages and bacon in the oil on a high heat until the sausages have browned.
2. Add some wine a little at a time if it starts to catch and scrap the caught bits off the pan as you go- don’t take these out- they’re extra tasty!
3. Add the frozen soffritto mix and stir until softened.
4. Lower the heat and add the herbs and garlic and cook for a further minute.
5. Next add the paprika and tomato purée and stir.
6. Now pour in the lentils, beans and tomatoes and stir gently.
7. Now turn up the heat to medium and add the stock. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until the sauce has reduced.